In my previous article, we talked about the Language Localization in Azure Analysis Services Model, and in this article, we will see how we can do the same in Power BI.
I have the same sample model from my previous article, but this time the model was created in Power BI.
Also created the same sample dashboard using the newly created Power BI Model
Now let's see how we can translate this Power BI Model to the French language.
- Open the Power BI model and click on the External Tools → Tabular Editor
2. It will open the Power BI model in a new Tabular Editor ( a third-party tool) , if the Tabular Editor is not already installed, download and install it from here
3. The editor loads the model and displays all the tables and columns that are available.
4. As our requirement is to translate the model into the French language, right-click on the Translation folder and click on New Translations
5. Select the language that you want to translate from the list of languages available, in our case its French, so I selected French ( France)
6. The Editor created a Translation in the model, Export the file, and save it to a local folder
7. Open the .json file that you just saved to the folder and add the French translations to it
8. Import the saved file to the Power BI model
9. Open the Power BI desktop and change the regional setting to French
10. Close and re-open the model in the Power BI desktop
11. The model is now translated to French, so as the dashboard
I hope you enjoyed reading this article, see you in my next article until then stay safe and enjoy the 𝄞𝄞𝄞𝄞 weeknd.